TikTok

TikTok, the main reason for my homework never getting done in a timely manner. I love TikTok just like everyone else, but have never considered the amount of ads on the app that are constantly trying to sell me something. These ads are usually marketed to the right demographic too. Most people on TikTok are young ranging from early teens to mid thirties. Most of theses ads are down by celebrities and major influencers on the app. Just today I saw one for Spotify with a music artist named Yung Gravy. This artist blew up on TikTok with his song and now he’s in a Spotify ad promoting himself and the company. Overall, I would have to say that the advertising on TikTok is perfectly targeted to the audience which is mostly teenagers.

Comments

shay said…
YUNG GRAVYYYYY!!<3
shay meyer said…
I can't figure out how to delete that yung gravy comment uh oh...

I've noticed this same thing on TikTok with Depop ads. I scroll through these videos all the time, and most of the time without even realizing I just watched an ad. Most often these ads include bright colors with an aesthetic appeal, and either an attractive young model with an eccentric style or a young influencer, most often an artist. The influencers featured are most often seen widely by teenagers as cool and distinctive in whatever thing they pursue. The use of these specific young influencers and the bright, appealing color schemes are perfectly suited to attract the attention of teenage TikTok users like us.

Popular posts from this blog

Catwoman

McDonalds Advertising