The Simpsons

After recently getting DisneyPlus, I started watching The Simpsons since the app has all of the episodes. Though when I did, I noticed lots of product placement for old and new products. It's fascinating to me how even in cartoons companies are able to sell their product. I believe it shows how advertising has had a massive effect on our culture today, and has also become part of our culture in a way. I also saw the way the characters interacted with the product. For most of the products, one character had the product, while the other was willing to do anything to get it. This puts an emphasize on the product, making consumers feel that they have to try it. For instance, there was a Butterfinger ad and it started with Bart teasing his siblings with it. In doing so he describes how great the product is and the ad ends with the classic line:"Nobody better lay a finger on my Butterfinger". This not only left the siblings want the product, but also shows the importance, the need for the product. This can appeal to consumer, and surely has because Butterfinger is making millions despite not being the best candy. It's crazy to me how even in cartoons, imaginary worlds and people, advertisers still find a way to sell their product.

Compilation of ads in the show:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catwoman

McDonalds Advertising

TikTok